The Studio Flat is a high quality, modern looking garden room which comes double glazed as standard and can then be upgraded either by us, or yourself to be painted, insulated and with many other options such as laminate floors to turn it into a fully finished, all year use building.
These upgrades can be done straight away, or at a later date when the buildings’ needs change, you have more time to do it or your budget increases.
Although the roof will look flat both from the inside and out, there is a hidden drainage slope within the thickness of the roof itself and covered by the fascias, to ensure suitable water runoff. The roof is covered with a very durable EPDM rubber which has a minimum life of 25 years, but expected to last more in the region of 50, meaning you will never have to worry about leaks or replacing the roof.
Available in a wide range of sizes & layouts, the Malvern Studio Flat is a made to order building that can be customised to your exact needs as a home office, play area, exercise space and many other uses.
Although most people opt for the full height glazing, there is also the choice to have 3/4 height or half height windows and doors, which you can mix and match, for example having full height doors and half height windows.
Standard features of this building include:
- Choice of 5 cladding options: 13mm T&G redwood, 19mm T&G redwood, 12mm T&G cedar, 19mm T&G pressure treated or 23mm barnstyle
- Double glazed windows & doors with 4mm toughened safety glass both sides and an 8mm cavity
- Choice of three glazing styles: full height, 3/4 height or half height (a mix & match setup can also be chosen)
- Double doors with a 5 lever mortice lock & chrome ironmongery
- Fixed windows either side of the doors on the front, plus an opening, lockable window on each side of the building
- EPDM rubber roof
- 14″ roof overhang to the front
- T&G roof & floor with pressure treated floor joists underneath
- High quality timber treatment in a golden brown colour (unless pressure treated)
- Free delivery
Optional extras & upgrades include:
- Installation which takes place at the same time as delivery
- Coloured painted finish with a wide choice of colours (see images above)
- Tongue & groove timber lining & insulation to the walls & roof
- Painted MDF lining & insulation to the walls & roof
- Tinted glass and/or additional windows
- Heavy duty floor (19mm as opposed to the standard 13mm)
- Pressure treated floor bearers to raise the building further off the ground
- Laminate floor covering with a wide choice of colours & styles
- Internal partition walls and extra internal or external doors to create an integral shed section
- Integral open sided area
- Guttering & downpipes in black, white or brown